There is lots to see and do while you visit Victoria BC. Victoria attractions and things to do are numerous but we recommend the following must sees while you visit our beautiful city, many of which are on the BIG Bus route.
If you purchase an attraction you must redeem it at stop #1 of our tour at 811 Government street before going to the attraction.
- This 6-block area is the oldest Chinatown settlement in North America, having been founded in 1858. Narrow Fan Tan Alley (just four feet wide at each end), is historically important as the center of 19th century Chinatown's legal opium industry. Now it is a great place to pick up exotic herbs and vegetables, luxurious silks and delicate paper lanterns. Be sure to view the beautiful Gate of Harmonious Interest, composed of Taiwanese tiles and decorative panels.
- Miniature World is the greatest little show on earth! Over 85 great little attractions that include the worlds smallest operational sawmill, two of the largest doll houses, and one of the longest model railways. See Circus World, Space 2201, Frontierland, Fantasyland and much more.
649 Humboldt Street
- Located in the historic neighbourhood of Rockland, Victoria's public art museum is home to BC's largest public art collection and features a world-respected Asian art collection, including an authentic Japanese Shinto Shrine located outside in the Asian Garden.
1040 Moss Street
- The birthplace and childhood home of Emily Carr, one of Canada's most famous artists and authors, is located in historic James Bay. Built in 1863, Carr House is just minutes away from the Inner Harbour. It is restored to accurately depict the Victorian household and lifestyle of the Carr family. Emily's childhood home features a people's Gallery which alternately features works of art by local artists and original works by Emily Carr.
207 Government Street
- Attractions around Big Bus
Take a Brewery Tour! Learn about the brewing process as they take you for a behind the scenes look at their brewery, followed by a sampling session in their taproom. Guided tours are offered every Friday and Saturday at 3:00 pm for $6.00 per person. The duration of the tour is approximately one hour. Tours are available on a first come/first served basis, with a maximum capacity of 30 people.
2330 Government Street
- Attractions around Big Bus
Historic Market Square; a colorful jewel in the Heart of Old Town! You'll find more than 35 one-of-a-kind boutiques, shops, services and restaurants in a true heritage setting at Market Square.
560 Johnson Street
More Attractions Places to Stay
Victoria Stays offers a great selection of vacation rentals and furnished apartments in all the best areas of Victoria. Our vacation rentals are clean, stylish and professionally managed. We take pride in providing accommodations with greater comfort and superior value compared to hotels.